Saturday, November 5, 2016

Painted Dog Butt

She Wears Her Dinner Well
Buddy the Wonder Pooch has made a career out of finding new and at times bizarre methods to confound me. Yesterday is a perfect example. It was a nearly perfect autumn day with no threat of storms. On days like that I feel free to leave him out of the cage with the entire basement to roam. If there is even a threat of storm I’m honor bound to incarcerate him based on some of his earlier “adventures”. Anyways back to yesterday, I returned from a thoroughly enjoyable celebration of the First Friday of the Week and found him anxiously waiting for me at the door.
Buddy Butt
As we headed outside I noticed a large white spot on his rear end. He’s going prematurely gray in a lot of spots but this wasn’t that. Once he’d secured the back yard from cats, squirrels, and rabbits he slowed down long enough for me to get a good look. Somehow he had painted his butt with white paint. I immediately charged downstairs, fearing the worse. If his butt was painted then what else had been decorated.
Scene of the Crime
For reasons only he knows he had burrowed under the stairs where the prior owners had left a lot of paint cans. He tipped a bunch over and laid down in the puddle of one. Luckily he hadn’t climbed on the Man Cave couch during his artistic period. That would have taken a lot of explaining when my wife returns in a couple weeks. Just another chapter in the fast growing legend of Buddy’s ability to find new and exotic ways to screw up. They do say dogs tend to take after their owners.

I'm Officially Jealous of Wngman's Dad
I’m excited about the weekend because I’ve got Keene Friend coming down today for Saturday hangs and then Red Zone with the Rhode Island contingent tomorrow. Since these are the first people to enter the house other than myself in a few weeks this necessitated a pass through the house of the vacuum cleaner and some other household chores which haven’t been kept to the standards expected by a certain Panamanian. I’ve got a couple more weeks to get it to that level so this will help.



No comments:

Post a Comment