Saturday, November 12, 2016

Early Friday

Birthday Girl with her Mom in the Ball Tent
Okay, I’m not real proud as I do consider myself as some sort of champion for Fridays but last night I was in bed by 9:30! Something is definitely wrong with the universe. I’ve noted one of the “benefits” of getting older is an accumulation of fatigue over a work week culminating on Friday but it’s always been something I’ve been able to ranger my way through. Not last night, of course, it could have been getting up at 4am so I could greet my early arriving employees on Veterans Day. I only had two beers at First Friday but it felt like a lot more due to the weariness. 
Every Ball Must be Inspected
Something that did compromise this exhaustion was talking with the birthday girl last night. She was sitting in the birthday gift I sent her – a small tent filled with balls (hypoallergenic of course). I was happy to see her enjoying it so much but we both thought it needed more balls. Before I went to bed I ordered another shipment of balls to be delivered early next week, proving access to the internet while under the influence is not always a bad thing; but certainly to be avoided.
That Smile!
At any rate I got eight hours of sleep for the first time in a very long time and it felt great, especially on one of those signature New England autumnal nights of plunging temperatures after a brilliant day. We also had some scouring winds that stripped a lot of the foliage but also moved most of the leaves off our hilltop lawn. It must suck to live downhill.

Lots of Presents Showed Up - Party Today
I am therefore in prime condition to pursue a little pub crawling. If you’re anywhere near Keene today please feel free to join us. It’s been the kind of week that requires adult beveraging.  We start at 1pm at Penuche's Ale House, 91 Marlboro St; and then in sequence:  Cobblestone Ale House, 151 Main St; Lab'n Lager, 122 Main St; Kilkenny Pub, Cypress St/Eagle Ct; Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, 81 Main St; The Pour House, 44 Central Square; Scores Sports Bar & Grille, Corner of Main And Railroad Sts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment