Friday, November 18, 2016

Sanguine Fairy Tale

The Cat's in Trouble - She's Learned How to Scale the Tower to his Perch
My wife finally got out of her home town last night as the rains let up just enough to permit her flight to Panama City, albeit 3 hours later than scheduled. She called from her hotel in the midst of a reunion with a PanaGal who heard she was in town for the night. My wife rarely misses the opportunity to connect with friends. So, all is aligned for her return, finally, tonight. This will put a severe damper on First Friday beer consumption prior to the drive into Boston to pick her up. It’s a price I’m more than willing to pay if I end up with an actual wife by my side for the foreseeable future.
Condo Construction Progress, Opposite Side from Beach, Ours in 3rd Floor End Unit
The sick house in California is improving. My granddaughter seemed much more like herself last night during our call. We’ve worked out quite a repertoire of silly faces for each other which were on full display. Wingman is slowly improving and my daughter seems recovered if extremely tired. They had a scheduled physical with the pediatrician yesterday which the First Blog Reader once again dominated. They decided to postpone the scheduled vaccinations based on her recent illness so that might have been why she was smiling so much during our call.

Since several movies came out that will require my attendance I snuck out to the movies again last night. I went to see Bleed For This which recounts the boxing career of Vinny Pazienza and his remarkable comeback from a fractured vertebrae. I was interested since I lived in Rhode Island during his boxing career and wanted to see how he was portrayed. There’s no getting around the feat of returning to championship level boxing but the saint like portrayal, at times, didn’t ring very true. I know for a fact he wasn’t the thoroughly nice guy portrayed here. The boxing scenes weren’t as well choreographed as in previous movies either. The relationship between Miles Teller in the title role and Aaron Eckhart as his trainer are the heart of the story and worth watching. It was funny seeing the supporting actors trying to carry off Rhode Island accents with varying degrees of success. This was just okay and felt more like a fairy tale than a realistic re-telling of the Paz’ career.


No comments:

Post a Comment