Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring Finally Dances In

My son made an early morning escape from maternal embraces as we had a full day scheduled outside.  Last week’s deluges finally abated long enough to enjoy some of the results as green exploded from the dreary winter browns.  The trees up here in the hills still haven’t delivered the leaves but it’s easy to see they’re imminent.  It was a day spent outside enjoying the sparkling clean air (at least until Buddy wafted into range).  The windows were open in the house of the first time this year (outside of the odd cooking tragedy) and the heat was finally turned off.
Buddy Assisting the Wife in One of Her Gardens
I got the canopy back up on the deck and started moving some of the deck furniture out of winter hibernation.  I even fired up the mower for the first time while my wife attacked her gardens with the fragrant assistance of the pungent Buddy.  Looking back towards the house from the back of the mowed lawn it really seemed like winter was finally giving up the ghost (but it didn’t go down without a fight).
Looking Back Towards the House
Our outdoor activities were compromised in the afternoon when the Bruins took the ice although for a couple periods it looked like my beard was definitely going down.  My wife was sharpening the clippers until the Bruins staged a comeback straight out of a movie plot with four goals in less than ten minutes that stunned the Canadiens.  My wife had to remind me of the open windows and young neighborhood children who might not understand some of my more colorful exclamations as the comeback unfolded.
I Apologize to the Neighborhood Kids for my Enthusiasm
I surprised my wife this week by telling her we would be going out dancing last night.  Usually she’s the one who organizes and cajoles me into taking her into Worcester for dancing.  I turned the tables and I think she was a little shocked.  I’ve been careful to keep her from understanding that I enjoy the dancing more than I let her know.  When I asked her father for her hand in marriage more than thirty years ago he told me I had to promise to take her dancing a lot because it was really important to her.
Maxwell's Last Night
This turned out to be a vast understatement, the woman is completely possessed by her dance muse and I enjoy watching her lose herself on the dance floor.  She’s so good that people watching rarely note how bad her dancing partner as my inadequacies are less apparent next to her. Maxwell Silverman’s had its usual stock of middle aged Lotharios looking for love but we had a good time.  I think I may have broken the brownie point bank.

Since it’s supposed to rain this afternoon we’re heading up the New Hampshire to check in on the Keene friend; road trip!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment