Thursday, May 15, 2014

Beard Fail Politics

Well, shit! 
I suppose I should be more upset than I am right now but I have to admit the Bruins were beaten on the ice and just flat failed to show up last night for game 7.  This town knows what a champion team looks like and these Bruins didn’t have the right leadership or spark that you see in the teams that make it all the way.  It was almost like they felt entitled to win and how dare another team think they can compete with them.  The Bruins did not show up for either game 6 or 7 and rightfully lost.  The fact that they lost to such a collection of whiny, little bitches does hurt more than I’m willing to admit though.
Bruins Beard Week 4.5
I did get my weekly morale boost from lunch with my son yesterday which was extremely needed in a day back in the political wars engendered by the Monday public hearings.  The head politico had Bert Lahr-ed his way to a wishy washy compromise he hoped wouldn’t offend anyone.  The Chairman of the Board however weighed in during the afternoon and was not happy.  We had a late afternoon conference call where the head politico instructed all of us to toe the line to present a united front for the Chairman.
Yesterday Lunch with Son - Last Hurrah for Beard
The Chairman was having none of it and repeatedly asked my opinion.  I dutifully regurgitated the party line and he kept pushing.  The head politico felt the heat and told me he didn’t want just a “yes man” despite his earlier specific guidance.  Thus unencumbered, I explained exactly what I thought about the compromised plan while my excellent boss cringed in the seat next to me.  The Chairman said “I like that – let’s go with his plan”.  So after three days of hand wringing we’re back to exactly where we started.
I just returned from today’s board meeting where the plan was voted on without a single naysayer.  There were even “voices of inappropriate worth” in the audience who said nothing (a first).  The board was extremely complimentary towards the head politico for his courage and planning acumen.  I guess that makes them Frank Morgan to his Burt Lahr.

After a frustrating day it was fun to have a pile of mulch to attack in the driveway.  I finished off the entire pile with Buddy’s assistance.  A neighbor lady was walking down the street with her dog as I tackled Buddy to prevent a confrontation.  The lady then complimented me on how well disciplined my dog was and wished her’s was as well behaved.  I cast a cautious glance around to see if I had somehow acquired another dog; certain she could not be referring to the wonder pooch.
The Frustration Alleviation Pile

No comments:

Post a Comment