Thursday, May 29, 2014

Son-day

Yesterday was the polar opposite of the weather emotion wise.  March weather which was conspicuously absent this year, choosing to remain February for the entire month, finally showed up.  It is not alright to see your breath in the middle of the day in very late May, it’s just wrong on a very fundamental level. 
That being said, yesterday as a lot of fun.  First of all one of my wife’s hairdresser appointments was screwed up leaving her at loose ends in Worcester and just in time to join me for the weekly morale lunch with our favorite son.  It was a nice surprise for him as well as this offered him the opportunity to get down to brass tacks in planning out the mother-son dance for his upcoming wedding.  I sat in bemused silence as he made his mother very happy by considering her choreographical insights.
Mom/Wife at this Week's Lunch Selfie
The day got even better later in the day which was long odds considering I was driving into Boston during the rush hour at the same time a Red Sox game was starting.  This usual recipe for traffic disaster was realized by several accidents involved failed auto gymnastics on the Mass Pike but this only reduced the airport parking fees through reduced waiting time.  I was headed to Logan Airport to pick up my favorite son in law who was coming in from London where his band was touring.  The drive back was awesome as we were able to talk one on one for the first time in a long time.  Both of us hate talking on the telephone and we usually see each other at the same time I’m also catching up with the daughter.  The drive back confirmed something I’ve known for a long time – my daughter has excellent judgment.

Son in Law and I Last Night Right Where I Met My Brother In Law in 1979
(see Yesterday's Blog Post)
He’s joining me on Saturday for a trip up to Portsmouth for tuxedo fitting with attendant pub crawl (important stuff).  Since I’m wearing my uniform at the wedding I won’t need the tux but I felt it was my moral duty to support the pub crawl effort (it’s how I roll).  It was great having one of the “kids” back in the house last night even if we had to import him through our daughter.  She’s due in tonight so morale should continue its ascent (I did mention the Saturday pub crawl, didn’t I?).

No comments:

Post a Comment