Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Date Night Delayed for Beard Fail

I love the weekly date nights the wife and I have engaged in for the last few years.  I was a little anxious that last night’s date was scheduled for the pivotal Bruins-Canadiens game but I was prepared to take one for the team and execute.
I returned home to find my better-half fully engulfed in her annual flower planting frenzy.  We have no less than twelve hanging plants on our front porch that she personally designs each year as well as a couple hundred (may be exaggerating a tad there) other flower pots. She’d spent the day buying the flowers and did not want to break stride before she finished her work.
Wife Caught - Mid-Frenzy
Since I was feeling extremely magnanimous I acquiesced to a delay of date night so she could complete her work.  I don’t think she saw me sneak around the side of the house for a quick celebratory dance.  I launched another attack on the mulch mountain with the semi-faithful assistance of the Wonder Pooch.  I won’t go into any great detail of his unprovoked “fake” attack on the neighbor who had the temerity to walk her dog in front of our house.  If you own Buddy you’re use to embarrassed excuse making.
I know people are probably sick of me extolling the virtues of the keto diet I’ve been on for nearly a year now but here it goes.  My annual ritual of shoveling and distributing the five yards of mulch around the house was heretofore a ticket to a pretty sore back and attendant muscle aches and exhaustion.  This year – no such issue and I’ve been doing it for two nights in a row.  It seems divesting one’s self of an extra 45-50 pounds is actually beneficial; who knew!
Probably Not a Good Idea to Let This Guy Alone in Front of Net
Of course, all my histrionics with the wife’s delay of date night were wasted as the beard failed miserably to carry the Bruins to a win last night.  For the vast majority of the game they were the better team on the ice but they seem to lack the ability to finish plays and put the puck in the net.  The Canadiens do not share that affliction and made the most of each of their scoring attempts.

I was in a depressive state after watching that debacle and turned to the Red Sox for support.  Tazawa rewarded me by continuing his latest habit of blowing 8th inning leads and forcing the game into extra innings.  I hung around until the 12th inning where the Sox finally pushed across a run for a stirring win which did a little to assuage the pain of the Montreal situation.  Thursday will tell all.
But This Helped

No comments:

Post a Comment