Saturday, May 31, 2014

First Friday Membership

This will be a quick post as I’m girding the proverbial loins for a trip up to Portsmouth with my son in law to link up with my son of the planned pub crawl.  There will also be some sort of tuxedo fitting for some wedding that’s coming up but let’s focus on priorities here – a pub crawl!
Daughter and Wife at Brew City
Yesterday saw an epic afternoon as my son in law and daughter were inducted into the mysteries of a First Friday of the Week celebration, Worcester style.  They joined my excellent boss and me at Brew City for a salute to the arrival of the weekend.  My excellent boss was restricted from his usual Samuel L Jackson descriptions of the political leadership but he decompressed in other forms.  I think they all see now the importance of ending a work week with proper recognition and send off.
The Gang Surrounding my Great Boss
We had a Zorba’s pizza waiting for us when we arrived back in Charlton and even fit in a trip to Ronnie’s where we smuggled some ice cream back home through the rain (the MEF would have been proud of us).  The rest of the night was movies and Red Sox brawls/extra inning win.  It’s kind of a misnomer to call baseball “brawls” as there’s more physical contact in the first thirty seconds of a hockey game than there is in an entire season of baseball “fights”.

Zorba's!!!!
Finally I saw in the news yesterday that the French have finally taken counsel of their seemingly inbred resentment of British and Americans reminding them that they owe their freedom to us.  France officially restricted coverage of D-Day Anniversary ceremonies this week to French television while charging exorbitant rates to any American news channel that wants to cover the ceremonies.  This is so French; maybe they’ll hope we will forget – no chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment