Saturday, February 9, 2013

WOW!!!!!

The Side Door This Morning
I know I was a little snarky in my last couple of posts about this snow storm but I consider myself truly humbled.  I’m actually fairly fortunate as I still have power, something more than a quarter of a million of my fellow Massachusetts residents cannot say.

The storm started out fairly sedately, just a normal winter day with a little snow.  I went into work yesterday and since my boss didn’t make it in I was in charge.  We were receiving updates throughout the morning and the administrator made the decision to terminate service at 1pm.  I headed home around noon time and got home without any issue.

Right around dark the storm literally took off with devastating winds and blowing snow.  This turned out to be one of the top five biggest snow storms in New England history – so color me impressed.  The snow blew directly sideways all night.  Buddy and I stayed up late watching movies and putting together my puzzle – which I finished.  I found a forgotten calzone in the freezer which was donated to assuage my misery for missing out on Friday Zorbas pizza.

Around 9pm, according to my plan, I tried to get the snow blower out to knock down the snow piling up so it wouldn’t be so devastating in the morning.  I made one pass when the snow blower stopped working!!!! SONOFABEETLE!!!!!  I going down shortly to assess what the problem is but I’m not optimistic. Devastated!

My son made it down to Panama on the last plane leaving Boston and his mother was late to pick him up so I received a panicked (and expensive) phone call from him wondering where his pickup was.

I got up this morning to a world totally transformed.  We are blanketed with snow and it’s still coming and the winds have not abated (even a little).  I let Buddy out to perform his duties and when he jumped off the porch – he disappeared beneath the snow.  He loved it but was a little confused.  Today is going to be a very long day for me.
The Front Yard Yesterday Morning
When I Got Home From Work
This Morning
My Aborted Snow Blowing Effort
Same Spot This Morning
The Back Deck This Morning
Same Spot Yesterday Afternoon

Height of Storm Last Night
 
Puzzle Completed
Replacement Calzone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment