Saturday, February 16, 2013

Fatigue Friday

Last Night at Zorba's
Something I’ve noticed over the past few years – accumulated exhaustion peaking at the end of the work week.  Yesterday was a good example.  I get the same amount of sleep each night (probably not enough) but when I got up yesterday I didn’t feel refreshed.  This was followed by some semi-compressed (before I left for work) but appropriately frantic housecleaning since I’ll have a house guest this weekend.

The fatigue could be a result of the work week which I spent glued to the computer inputting the new routing that will take effect in April.  It’s drudgery but important.  I find it strange that just sitting at a desk can be so draining.

My excellent boss declared a Frist Friday celebration at the end of the tough week which was just what the doctor ordered.  My Keene Friend joined us at Brew City where we celebrated his outstanding employment news.

My friend and I adjourned to Zorba’s where we indulged in the mystically imbued pepperoni pizza assisted by the loquacious waiter Dave.  Waiter Dave asked where all the Pana-Gals were; apparently my Keene friend and I were poor substitutes. It was nice to have another human to share dinner conversation with.

We finished the evening watching the latest James Bond movie.  I should say attempting to watch because the week, combined with the beer, caught up with me about an hour into Skyfall which militated against completion.  The cool thing is I got to sleep in this morning, despite my internal clock trying to wake me up in the early morning hours.  Of less fun was waking up to yet another Saturday snow covered landscape.
Puzzle Almost Done

No comments:

Post a Comment