Thursday, February 21, 2013

Winter Honeymoon is Officially Over

Found this Picture Which Captures My Sentiments Right Now
Kudos to The Artist
I’ve often written on this blog how much I enjoy the New England weather; the march of seasons, etc, etc.  Well, we’re at the point in the calendar where I’m ready for that march to become a sprint. 

My Keene Friend and I had planned a pub crawl through the drinking establishments of my beloved home town this upcoming weekend.  I was looking forward to escaping from my isolation to spend the weekend up in Keene and broaden my horizons as to entertainment options.  I’m now hearing we have another major winter storm that’s coming in Saturday night into Sunday.  That makes three weekends in a row with winter storms.

There is no way I will be in any shape to drive home Saturday night (I did mention the pub crawl, didn’t I?) ahead of the storm so if it stays as advertised I’ll be staying home.  A critical facet in my planning matrix derives from Sunday night being Oscar Night.  There is no way I would not be home to watch my favorite non-athletic event on my new television.  So color me a little pissed!

When I reported this consternation to my Panama dwelling wife she tried to sound appropriately sympathetic.  This came after she had the temerity to complain that the yoga classroom’s non-functioning air-conditioning. I think she was secretly doing a dance to miss out on yet another storm.  I miss her but I’m not sure she feels the same way, right now. 
 
Luckily my daughter called which always lifts my spirits; more so because she's coming up next weekend for a visit.  This will permit a proper debriefing for the Academy Awards.  There better not be another storm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment