Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine Variables

The M.E.G., My Son and Wife in Panama
Yesterday was about as subdued a Valentines Day as I can recall.  I did get a lot of work done so I guess that was what made it so memorable. 

My son managed to get me in a lot of trouble down in Panama when he gave his mother some cards that I sent down with him.  He opined (with no prompting or preparation from me) that there might be something special inside the cards.  There wasn’t and my wife dutifully reported this to me followed by a pregnant pause.  Thanks kid!!

She, my son, and the M.E.G. were travelling to the mountains of near Volcan, Panama which has some of the most beautiful vistas in that gorgeous country.  They also stopped by the Bambito resort where my wife and I spent our honeymoon almost thirty one years ago. 

My wife sent some pictures and it was a bit disconcerting to see full grown trees at the resort in an area where I remembered just a lawn.  Either things grow very fast in Panama or it really has been over thirty years. 

The last phone call from my wife was after 11pm as she just returned from a farewell cocktail “hour”.  My son and M.E.G. start their return today by travelling back to Panama City.  My wife was feeling the full effects of the huge margarita she was “forced” to consume.  It was a fun conversation and made me realize how much I missed being down there with her fantastic family.

I also received a phone call from the Cantankerous One who pulled out of this weekend’s thunder run in typically caustic fashion managing to cast aspersions widely and indiscriminately.  It seems he feels the need to be a dutiful son to a surgically repaired father – told you he had a heart, well camouflaged, but its there.  The Keene Friend and I will somehow manage without his presence. 
My Wife at Bambito with the Troubling Trees
My Wife, Her Two Sisters and Mother, and my Son
My Wife in Beautiful Panama
Family Dinner with My Favorite Cousin of my Wife
Farewell Cocktail Hour
My Wife's Twin Sister (R), My Bro in Law and his Significant Other
The Whole Gang - Missed Being There
My Wife with Some Famous Panamanian Singer Samy Sandra
She Never Meets People Like this When I'm Down there With her, Hmmm....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment