Friday, February 22, 2013

Canine Cookie Monster

The Guilty Party Undergoing Interrogation
Apparently my wife has somehow enlisted the help of my former best friend, Buddy the Wonder Pooch, to curb my obsession with chocolate chip cookies.  How she did this from the wilds of Panama is beyond me but I’ve learned not to underestimate that woman.

During her absence I’ve been routinely buying a tub of cookies each Sunday to have with my daily lunch.  This activity is strictly verboten when my better half is in residence.  Each morning I take a couple out to include with my lunch. 

I was semi-proud of myself that I reached Friday and still had three remaining.  Since it was rubbish day I took the cookies out and put them on the counter while I consigned the tub to the trash. 

While I was collecting trash from other locations Buddy saw his opportunity and the three cookies disappeared.  Since I know he wouldn’t actually eat chocolate since it’s bad for dogs I’m sure he hid them somewhere in the house.  I just didn’t have time to look for them.

I’ve got to tell you – I’m feeling a little betrayed.  Buddy knew what he did was wrong but just can’t seem to help himself.  I’m still trying to figure out how my wife communicates with the newly discovered agent formerly inside my circle of trust.

1 comment: