Thursday, February 14, 2013

Heavy Partying Reported

I'm "Guessing" A Lot of this Went Down Range
I finally got my wife on the phone last night after her late night birthday call from the night before never happened.  She reported the birthday party with her twin sister extended into the late night hours and mitigated against a phone call to someone who has to get up the next morning to go to work.

I’m glad she was able to pay appropriate respect to this momentous date in history.  I carefully avoided my first instinct to call it classical history – maybe I am getting smarter.

She also reported that she, the M.E.G., our son, and assorted family members spent the day at heavenly Gavilla Beach.  My son was able to experience, first hand, the legendary car trip back from the beach.  My wife said they had to redistribute weight to the back of the vehicle to get sufficient traction.  She said they missed my weight (I’m trying to figure out how that was a compliment.)   At least no one had to balance on the rear bumper of the vehicle as it tried to scale the arduous slope of the exit road like I did. 

I got my daughter on the phone and then put both [phones on speaker so they could talk with each other.  Buddy and I left the phones on the table and went to make popcorn.  It sounds like she’s having a great time.  She asked me to wire her some more money – maybe too good a time.

I’m getting semi-psyched for a guys’ weekend starting tomorrow.  I’ve invited both Keene Friend and the Cantankerous One down for the weekend.  We’ll indulge in the mystical Zorba’s pizza on Friday night followed by a thunder run into Worcester on Saturday. 
 
I will have to get to taxes at some point, but later, after the beer.
Gavilla Beach - More Than Worth the Exit Terror
Meanwhile - Back at Home - Puzzle Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment