Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Maine Line and Side Out

Elder Sister, the Soxfather, and the First Blog Reader Dining Out Last Night
I’ve been pushed to the side for the next couple days as the Maine Musquetera descended from the north to spend a couple days with her friend/sister – my wife. She did her usual trick of assuaging my “consternation” at my demotion by bribing me with her homemade cupcakes. I’m so easy. I’m glad these two good friends have some hang time together. Life’s been so busy over the past few months that stopping to take a breath and enjoy time with a good friend cannot be underestimated. The Neighborhood Mafioso showed up for a ladies conclave which allowed me to escape to the man cave as I do not believe my input was required.
A Good time, I'm Sure - So Jealous
Prior to this since the day was strangely mild (and moist) I finally got around to some lawn work. The prior owners never edged the lawn and this made for a very entertaining couple of hours as I sought o find the edge of the sidewalk under the encroaching sod. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be but I was strangely pleased that I was doing it. That’s one of the unstated benefits of home ownership – working the land; even in this small insignificant fashion. I think I must have been a farmer in a prior life.
We did check in on the Californians, both permanent and temporary. I’ve decided to anoint my brother in law with the nom de guerre of “Soxfather” in the blog because of his Italian heritage and fanatic love of the Red Sox (the less we say about departing Sunday’s game before the 9th inning the better). He and my elder sister were reveling in their proximity to my daughter and the First Blog Reader who seems to be realizing this aunt and uncle will be something special in her life’s journey. Wingman continues his globetrotting on the farewell tour, spending last night in Buffalo of all places but still showing he has his signature moves on the keyboard.

Buffalo Last Night

Wingman Gyrations
I knocked another of the Corps Justice series by CG Cooper with Prime Asset. At the end of the last book the security company’s prime technology guru was kidnapped and this latest installment tracks the group’s efforts to rescue him. The book brought back memories of Joe Pickett as they had to traverse the Wyoming wilderness, dodging snow storms and grizzly bears in their pursuit. Another good read; Cooper has fully trapped me into the reading the rest of the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment