Friday, August 19, 2016

Electrifying

Exactly My Opinion of Peas as Well
I received the first electric bill since we installed the air conditioning system that included a full month of running it. To say the last month provided an acid test would be an understatement since we’ve been consistently in the 90s throughout. I could not be happier after first cringing when the bill first arrived. It was literally 1/3 the total of running central air was at our last house. I now understand why we’re getting rebates from the government for installing the system. 
Target Acquired
A lot of drama going on both at work and home recently. My father in law’s health continues to spiral downward and each day it seems a new problem arises. It is very difficult for her to be so far away during a time like this. I came home for lunch yesterday and hardly said a word to her since she was on the phone for the entire time speaking with relatives. She’s always put other people’s needs before her own and feels guilty for having a much safer and more comfortable life than some of her family down there. At least she’ll get a couple weeks with them since I’m leaving her there when we travel to Panama next week (but only for a couple weeks).
Nice, Nice with the Kitty
In terms of perspective it’s tough for me to relate. I lost my father when he was younger than I am right now, a victim of a drunk driver. My mother was sickly near the end but she also went shockingly quick compared to what my wife’s family is going through. It’s very different in Panama where the family is expected to care for the elderly even when their condition requires professional medical care.

Cat Safety Protocol
I’m glad my wife has the daily pictures of the granddaughter to cheer her up as well as the phone calls she receives almost daily from both the Cali-Daughter and Favorite Son. We had a long conversation with our son last night as he commuted home from Boston and I could see the alleviating effect talking with him had for my wife. Today’s batch of pictures was also medicinal with the First Blog Reader’s continuing quest to annoy the cat and entertain with her culinary consumption routines. Finally our condo construction company down in Panama posted this picture which shows what the view will be like from our condo; I could get used to that.
The Future View







No comments:

Post a Comment