Friday, August 12, 2016

Picture Perfect

She's Back and Smiling up a Storm
I used to give my wife a hard time about the seemingly endless parade of family pictures she’d festooned around the house. Needless to say I was converted. I came to love passing by the photos and remembering the people and times depicted. These feelings became even more profound after the children wandered off the reservation and took up residence hours/days away. I mention this because I was rooting around the basement yesterday looking for a favorite picture and I discovered one of my wife’s caches, where many of these pictures had been retired to due to lack of wall space.
Seriously, Cannot Get Enough of This
This will not stand. I rescued the still framed photos from their oblivious existence and set up as many as I could in the Man Cave. My wife finally came downstairs to watch some of the Olympics last night and didn’t say anything after passing by my overburdened outer office. I’m sure she’ll decide that some adjustment will have to be made in the interest of interior design. Since I’m not blessed with that gene I’m sure she’ll be right but we’ll have to find a place for the photos somewhere. It was like seeing old friends again, and you know how I feel about that.
Ever
I also accomplished something online that my children will be semi-amazed at. My wife and I have become overly dependent on them for anything technologically related (it’s a generational thing). But, as mentioned above, they’re not very conveniently located and we usually put whatever is needed on the back burner until they visit. Instruction over the phone turns out to be too intrusive for the kids as they really can’t fathom how challenged we really are in this arena (alright – they probably can fathom). At any rate yesterday, on my own, without technical assistance from anyone, I set up a Craigslist account so we can sell my wife’s living room set. I know virtually everybody under the age of forty is wondering why I should take any pride in such a mundane accomplishment. Ask my children.

The Soon to be Ex-Living Room Set (Hopefully)

I finished off another CG Cooper novel, Lethal Misconduct, the next in the Corps Justice series. Cooper is back on track as the hero, Cal Stokes, returns to tracking down evil and putting a serious hurt on the bad guys. Stokes now works directly for the president in a clandestine operations group aimed at preventing security issues by direct action. The plot revolves around a corrupt Army colonel who’s manufacturing a doomsday biological weapon as well as hiding a cure for cancer. There’s the odd politician involved but Cooper wisely stays with the good versus evil instead of the politics which made the previous book in the series a little tough. 




No comments:

Post a Comment