Sunday, August 14, 2016

Deckzilla-ed 2

Buddy and I on Deckzilla Last Night
Note to self – never again forget to have a reserve supply of my “go to” hangover preventer – Alka Seltzer. We had neighbors and friends over yesterday for another Deckzilla party and as I am wont to do when surrounded by friends I over-indulged a bit. As my wife was trying to herd me upstairs, actually she left me sound asleep in the man cave, I learned to my abject horror that we didn’t have any of the needed seltzer.  Today is going to be a very long day.
Party Time
Nothing could dim the fun that I’m paying for today. We had a very interesting and eclectic crowd, including two Syrian couples. We existed, for the second Saturday in a row, on the very edge of a serious thunderstorm. We could see central Worcester getting pummeled from our hilltop but we escaped for the most part. There was one weird three minute deluge just as the sun came out but Deckzilla handled it with aplomb. One of the Syrian guys was trying to get everyone to try a native beverage that he described as “Ouzo with a pair of balls”. Once he added ice and mixed a little water it changed color and started foaming. Since my only extended experience with Ouzo cost me the back of my head, which fell off after trying to keep up with a couple of Greeks, I demurred and stuck to my watered down American beer. The less said about my Ouzo experience that the better.
Mafioso on the Grill

Wife Surrounded by Latin Mafia Types
The Neighborhood Mafioso helped me out on the grill which was critical since my wife bought Italian sausage for me to grill. I’d never done that before and my initial efforts offended his sensibilities to the point I had to let him take over. I have read my Tom Sawyer, don’tcha know. Buddy had to spend most of the party consigned to the Man Cave since several of the guests were canine averse. He made a late night appearance to help with beer spillage cleanup.

L.A. Play Date

Meanwhile - in Orlando
Out in the wilds of Los Angeles the First Blog Reader had a play date with one of her buddies and its fun to see them starting to actually interact. I’m glad my daughter has friends surrounding her out there while we’re so far away. Luckily a number of them gave birth to children around the same time she did, hence the availability of play dates. Wingman continued his farewell tour with an apparently rocking show in Orlando last night. He’s soon to head overseas to say goodbye to his European fans. I know he wishes he’d been there for the play date instead. I’m going to drink some more water.
Two Beautiful Ladies Heading out on the Town

How Do I convince that Cat to Come Just a Little Closer

Nothing to See Here, Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment