Sunday, August 7, 2016

Storm Dodging

Dodger Stadium Yesterday
So my extolling the virtues of local meteorologists and their fantastic tools was a little premature. We kicked off the party right on schedule and by 5pm Deckzilla was fully engulfed in a very fun collection of co-workers. I had just fired up the grill when I noticed some ominous clouds seeping over the horizon. A fully uncalled for and fairly massive thunderstorm seemed to be bearing down on us. Since the steaks were already well on their way to perfection I merely raised the umbrella while my wife marshaled forces to get things that shouldn’t get went inside.
My Shopping Cart - Why I Shouldn't be Allowed to Shop After First Friday

Deckzilla Party Starting
It turned out we were literally on the very edge of the storm. We only got a light sprinkling while two houses up the street didn’t even get wet. This did nothing to quench the spirit of the night which turned out to be a lot more fun than even I, party optimist extraordinaire, could have guessed. Deckzilla was roundly praised and an idea was floated that he should serve as the future home of First Fridays. While this seemed fairly sacrilegious I think it’s an idea worth exploring, at least before it gets too cold.
Stormy Steaks

With My Operations Manager
We were also tracking the status of the Red Sox out in Dodgerland yesterday. The Soxfather and Great Aunt took my two favorite Californians to see the game. While the game wasn’t good I have it on good authority that the Soxfather didn’t leave early this week. Today’s their last day in the Bear Republic and I’m so glad they were out there this week while the Wingman was away. From the attached photos I think it turned into a mutual admiration society with the First Blog Reader.

Wingman in New Jersey Last Night







Today’s a recovery day because it seems I consumed a vast amount of beer last night, something completely out of character. The siren call of the Man Cave beckons but a perfect New England summer day is offering some stiff resistance to lethargy. 
New Hairdo!

I Think She Pulls it Off





No comments:

Post a Comment