Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Frustration

Wife and Maine Musquetera - Slowed Down Long Enough for me to Snap a Picture
My excellent boss has been railing about the incompetence of the architect charged with building our new facility for months but yesterday I got to see it up close and personal. I think I now understand why the excellent boss needed a couple extra libations on First Friday – the architect is world class moron. The political bosses finally brought us into the planning process for the move to the new building because they realized they were out of their depth, a price they paid for listening to the moron.
Granddaughter Helping with the Laundry
We’re in charge of making sure everything works and now that final inspections are occurring they’re faced with a number of situations where the architect designed features that will not work. My excellent boss made me promise to behave in the meeting as he knows my penchant for suffering fools gladly is non-existent. This was a classic case where the planners refused to let operations have a voice and they’re now realizing the cost of their arrogance. The move will now be delayed into late September (if not later) as they try to remedy the situation they’ve painted themselves into. I think they finally invited us in the hopes we’d provide them with an excuse for the delay so they could blame it on us – no such luck.
Results of Edging Project

My wife was flitting about Central Mass shopping with her running partners, the Maine Musquetera and the Neighborhood Mafioso. They left shortly after breakfast and returned shortly after dinner. Despite their very full day they were still full of energy. I’d just come in from finishing off my edging project and could not match their liveliness level. I think the presence of close friends is like a fusion reactor for my wife – they tend to feed off each other. They hurried through dinner to insure they were ready to leave (almost on time) for the movies.
We went to see Bad Moms, which I quickly ascertained was aimed at a female audience since I was one of two brave male souls in a crowded theater. This movie was absolutely hilarious. Three suburban moms decide to forego their expected PTA-centric roles and enjoy life. This is superimposed upon society’s expectations while affirming how moms feel about their children on a fundamental level. My wife did not stop laughing for the entire length of the movie. The whole female audience was in tune with the jokes/sentiments and though I felt like an outsider the laughter was infectious. It was turnabout fair play as the only males in the cast were either stupid or used as sex objects. This follows a pleasing stretch of R-rated female comedies that dominate. Speaking of dominating Kathryn Hahn owns every scene she’s in and should be charged with grand theft by the other actors; she’s the best thing about the movie which is already one of my favorite movies of the year. It definitely earned the R-rating though, so don’t bring the kids. You wouldn’t want to share mom tradecraft secrets with them anyways. Great movie – go see it.
Wingman in New York Last Night
Not much news flowing out of California as the Soxfather and sister continue their visit. I’m sure they’re having too much fun to chronicle. The daily pictures do help. Wingman carries on his foray into northern New York – wherever the hell Clifton Park is. I’ve been receiving some daily updates from the builders of the condo down in Panama. Yesterday’s had some pictures taken off the coast in front of the condo location where apparently whales come each August. This just keeps getting cooler.

Condo Whales
Finally a friend posted this video on Facebook which is about as spot on as possible.










No comments:

Post a Comment