Saturday, August 20, 2016

Italianization

My Favorite Panamanian and I Last Night 
So begins my weekend of Italian immersion. I’m taking in not one but two Italian Festivals; something that should make the Soxfather proud. First up was the Worcester festival which was only a couple blocks from Brew City which performed its First Friday role heroically earlier in the day. My wife deigned to attend with me and once again marveled at how much fun we had with my co-workers.
First Friday Crew
She and the Neighborhood Mafioso had planned on attending the Italian Festival together and since I’m always extremely suggestible after First Friday I was more than happy to accompany. Before that we knocked out a hasty birthday celebration for one of their grandchildren. It was strange sitting in their backyard and seeing our old home right next door; strange but not unhappy.
Wife and the Mafiosos Outside the Tent
The festival was held in the shadow of I-290 which restricted the size. There was a huge tent with a variety of food booths. You know if you are going to be around Italians - food will be involved, usually in unremitting tasty waves. There was also a beer tent with a convoluted purchasing process which I persevered to conquer. The August heat combined with the multiple cooking apparati in use made the tent more than a little stifling. We spent most of the time outside watching the wildlife circulate. It was a fun time hanging out with the Mafiosos and another couple.
Girls at the Bar Post Festival
Once we declared victory and returned to the car which was parked at a nearby restaurant I opined that we should patronize the restaurant bar to thank them for free parking. The ladies were shortly established at the bar with two daunting glasses of sangria. It was a great evening just hanging out with friends, an activity not to be undervalued. A Sox win and Olympic basketball helped pass the time as well.
Peek a Boo in Progress out in CA
Today we head east to the Excellent Boss’ home in Wakefield for that town’s annual Italian festival. He’s kind of a big deal in town, I call him “The Pope of the North Shore” because of his deep ties to town politics. A number of the other First Friday participants, as well as the Neighborhood Mafiosos, are also making the trek so it should be another day of high adventure.

Birmingham, England

Manchester, England
No comms with the progeny yesterday but some very entertaining pictures were waiting for me this morning. The First Blog Reader was out on the town again yesterday apparently dining out and patronizing a Toys R Us. She was also engaged in a spirited peek a boo game with my daughter. Wingman continued his English meanderings with concerts in Birmingham and Manchester. 










No comments:

Post a Comment