Thursday, August 4, 2016

Lining Up

Is there Any More Chicken?
We’re approaching the final throes of establishing residency in our new home. My wife has deigned to decide on certain picture locations and the new couch should; arrive shortly. My lonely eyes have turned to the barren hillside directly behind our house. I want to do something about it because it also looks to be prone to erosion not to mention being fairly ugly (Buddy enjoys the rabbit population though). Since Deckzilla consumed nearly all the flat ground behind our house during his expensive growth period I’ve had ideas pacing about the cranium. My wife had to bid adieu to the Maine Musquetera who returned home to bake wedding cakes and therefore could offer some guidance.
The Hillside With Initial Plan Staked O
I staked out some modest plans for a flat path beside Deckzilla, cutting into the hill. I’ll build a wall there and throw the excavated dirt behind it to create a terrace for my wife’s plant craving to express itself (think Norse berserker with a field of peasants in view). I planned on an additional terrace further up the hill for more gardening space. I marked the tentative locations with rope and brought out the supreme authority to inspect. She liked the concept but thought my plans were too modest. I had to tell her I was not building an eight foot tall wall to create a completely flat surface. Negotiations will continue.

I Loved Chicken!
Out in far off (way too far off) California my daughter and the First Blog Reader abide. My granddaughter had her first taste of chicken yesterday and she roundly approved. Given her carnivorous lineage – no surprise there. She’s also bonding with the day care nanny my daughter hired during Wingman’s absence this time. My Elder Sister and the Soxfather ventured down to San Diego where they took in a game at Petco Field thanks to some tickets from my daughter’s friend. They came away completely impressed with Petco. My sister is complaining about the sexy new blog name for the Soxfather and wants one for herself. I’ll have to think on this. She’d probably object to the name my other sisters and I had for her growing up, M.O.S.P. (Miss Oh So Perfect); just guessing.

I polished off yet another of CG Cooper's excellent Corps Justice series with Presidential Shift. This time out the boys of the security firm are working closely with the US President (who sounded a lot like Obama) trying to root out corruption by exposing the guilty. You can imagine what type of hornets nest that kicked up, especially when a white supremacy group is trying to assassinate the First Lady with the help of someone inside the White House. A lot of moving parts which Cooper, showing some additional polish as a writer weaves into a very readable story. I'm already on to book 5.
Still the Accomplished Shopper

And Hand Waver






No comments:

Post a Comment