Thursday, August 11, 2016

Nightmarish Scenario Vanquished

Scrunchy Face Returns!
My (and yours if you’re a regular reader of the Frail Deeds) two day nightmare officially came to an end yesterday when I received not one but two downloads of pictures from California depicting that epitome of pulchritude – the First Blog Reader. In a FaceTime call later we were treated with more exposure to this fascinating young lady who demonstrated some interesting new poses. Her mother opined that several were related to certain bodily functions which had the eventual effect of ending the call so sanitary operations could commence.
We also learned the reason for the delay in photos (something I will not complain about again). The single working mother challenge was evident. While Wingman is away on tour my daughter has had to deal with a life of no breaks. As soon as she gets off from work, the nanny departs which means everything outside of child care is put on hold. Finding time to address the mundane tasks of preparing/eating food for herself, cleaning the house, and washing the mountain of dirty clothes a certain young lady produces is problematic in the extreme. It’s so frustrating to be so far away and not able to support her with something as mundane as a home cooked meal or an hour to herself. I’m not sure surviving on a steady diet of toasted cheese sandwiches is healthy but far be it from me to criticize anybody else culinary habits. I wish we were closer.
Wingman in Charlotte, NC Last Night
These days have validated her decision not to have children until Wingman was more present and not touring each year. The current tour which will finish in September marks an end of that lifestyle for him and the days away from his precocious young daughter and drained wife only serve to reinforce that decision.  We will see them both in October as they’ll come together for her quarterly trip back to NYC so that is infinitely cool.
The Long Held Dream of Having the Cat Pay Attention to Her is Realized
Could be the Chicken that's Entered the Diet
In other travel news I was blindsided by the none other than the Panamanian governmental bureaucracy yesterday. When I finished my weeklong death march earlier this summer to obtain my provisional resident status I was told I would be called in for an interview with immigration to validate all the paperwork. I was told this usually took six months up to two years to schedule. I was informed yesterday that I have an appointment on August 26, this year, in Panama City. It figures that I’m the one case where they were super-efficient. So I’ll have the novel experience of a three day trip to Panama, flying down on Thursday and back on Saturday.

Yep, I'm High Maintenance
The bummer part of this is the postponing of a Deckzilla party we had planned for family and friends that Saturday. My wife will be staying when I come back so she can travel home to see her father who’s health situation is deteriorating rapidly. If you have a second please say a small prayer for him. The silver lining in this hasty trip planning is the time she’ll get with him. It has been very tough for her to be so far away and hear the daily reports from her family about how bad it was getting. Again -  Distance + Family = Pain
















No comments:

Post a Comment