Saturday, August 13, 2016

Disaffected

The Approach
As a former Army officer living in the People’s Republic of Taxachusetts I’m not a stranger to being disaffected from the political process. Massachusetts is a living example of the problems with one party rule for decades. It’s been kind of cool to watch the electorate start to realize the inherent problems with crony saturation. Maybe enough have become tax refugees to New Hampshire where they’re starting to create the same kind of problem there. At any rate we’ve got a very competent Republican governor now and although he’s faced with overwhelming majorities in the legislatures he’s shown a willingness to work across the aisle and get things done, such a welcome relief form his predecessor.
Closer
I’ve lost hope in the national election for the first time since I’ve been eligible to vote. I cannot and will not vote for either of the major candidates for the first time. The rise of Trump (and Bernie for a while) is a clarion call from the American electorate fed up with the existing “political class” burgeoning in D.C. but c’mon – Trump. Likewise I cannot stomach the thought of voting for another Clinton. The last thing we need in a commander in chief is the rule breaker in chief. Neither of these candidates want what’s good for the country, this is all about themselves.
Contact!


Wingman in Ft Lauderdale Last Night
Luckily I have photos that I’m showing you today to keep my morale up. Facebook friends saw the monthly 1-second a day video yesterday featuring her ninth month of existence. She’s trying to bond with the family cat in these photos with limited results since chicken is not involved. I can hear her mother in the background telling her to be gentle, the very same thing my wife used to say to her when she approached her brother. Her east coast counterpart the grandpuppy (hey, we’ll take what we can get) gave the Favorite Son and ABFA an anniversary present. They returned from their celebratory dinner to find he’d chewed the corner off the living room wall. Riggins will be spending more time in the kennel when they’re out of house. I’ve had three inquiries to the Craigslist ad. Two were almost identical scams offering to pay me through PayPal and then having me add money to pay their “shipper”. I countered the offer for the realistic one and hopefully we’ll get it sold before the new couch shows up on Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment