Sunday, June 30, 2013

Good Day Beginning to End

Yesterday was one of those rare days of almost uninterrupted excellence as we moved from one enjoyable scenario to another and another and another.  I awoke and hurried to get the blog updated and was soon joined by the wife who created a fantastic keto breakfast while we awaited the awakening of our son.
Mother and Son Yesterday
Buddy the wonder pooch frantically took up a post at the bottom of the stairs beseeching the upstairs to divest itself of his favorite human.  They were shortly chasing each around the house.  Buddy felt he was one of the guys and even tried to join us for breakfast – a keto diet most definitely agrees with his palate.

Buddy Wanted In on the Breakfast
We all trooped down to the theater to see the latest destruction of the White House with the movie White House Down.  Channing Tatum once again established his action star credentials and even found ways to have his shirt ripped off a couple times (for the ladies).  There were some absolutely gaping holes in the plot but we’re talking popcorn fare here.  I had some serious problems with the military scenarios which were obviously thought up in Hollywood and not Ft Bragg.  I ended up really liking the flick because there are a lot of funny side comments while things are blowing up left and right and any movie with Maggie Gyllenhaal is worth a watch.
Good Flick
After the movie we had to bid a sad farewell to the son as he journeyed north to link up with his beloved MEF.  We were not allowed to wallow in our disappointment because we were heading down to Rhode Island to help celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary of my sister’s sister in law (she of the arcane powers of Red Sox predestination).  She and her husband are two of my favorite people, so my wife and I were psyched.  We first had to escape the wifely wardrobe challenge event where my wife went through no less than three separate outfits before departure was allowed.

The party was at the home of the mother of my sister’s fantastic in laws.  This was appropriate since so many great times and memories are associated with that venue.  The food was definitely non-keto so I had to content myself with beer – so – win!  It was a fabulous collection of friends and family, young and old, just fantastic people gathered to honor two of their own. 
Daughter Making Speech - Anti-Keto Weapons Deployed on the Left
The daughter of the honored couple made a very touching speech that caused severe eye irritation throughout the crowd as well as a slide show of old photos.  It was understated but a completely appropriate and heartfelt salute to some truly superb people. 

It was one of those nights that I didn’t want to end despite the repeated attacks on my keto-diet.  They even unveiled the doomsday weapon – A DONUT CAKE!!!!!  I must really be into the diet at this point because I foiled all attacks, but damn, it was hard.  Due to my liquid diet the wife assumed driving duties back home after a day of uninterrupted pleasure.

The Superb People We Honored Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment