Friday, June 28, 2013

Politically Meat Pied

Yesterday was our bi-weekly meeting for anticipated changes to the bus routes.  It turned out to be fairly entertaining as the IT guy finally seems to be melting down under the pressure of all the new technology.  The politicos were looking to find scapegoats for the failed schedules they had directed.  I, less than politically inclined, finally told them you can have pretty schedules or accurate schedules, but not both.  They were at least chagrined enough to acknowledge their decisions led to the mess.  Now I have to fix it, it’ll be fun to be busy.

I’m really liking this keto diet thing and not just because of breakfast cheeseburgers.  Weight is down over twenty pounds although the rate of weight loss has slowed, probably a good thing.  I noticed it yesterday when I forgot something upstairs and literally bounded back up taking the stairs in bunches.  I used to be semi-famous for that (in my distant youth) but it had been years since I could do it.  While the bad knee did not fully agree with my activity I was a little shocked when I reached the top effortlessly.  That has been the biggest benefit – the reduced stress on the knee.  I didn’t realize the slight pain in my knee had become part of my daily routine until it was gone.  The reduced weight has given me that and I’m intensely grateful (big hug to son in law next time I see him).
Empanada Construction Zone
The disappointment of missing my weekly lunch with my son will be assuaged later today when he comes home for an overnight visit.  In preparation for that his mother and I spent some time last night creating one of his favorite treats, meat empanadas.  My wife impressed me into service on empanada construction years ago and I think she regrets it a little because now I know enough to make cogent (to me) observations on her technique.  Buddy circled like the proverbial shark below the table picking off bits of refugee hamburger trying to escape entombment in dough.  I find that it’s the little things, like sharing this exercise with my wife, that fills more than pastries.

No comments:

Post a Comment