Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Aftermath

Yesterday was pretty low key which is exactly what I needed.  The only person still in the hospital is our driver and he should be there for a while as they reconstruct his shattered legs.  We're all still trying to figure out how such an unbelievable accident happened - hopefully some answers today when the black box from the bus is analyzed.

We finally got an air conditioning tech back home who knew what he was doing because I got home on this balmiest of days to find the house, including the problematic upstairs, comfortably cool.  Even Buddy approved, when he wasn’t chasing squirrels that’ve discovered the back deck bird feeders. 
The wife and I went to see World War Z last night which was in a word – AWESOME.  I’m a huge fan of the book which my daughter got me to read as I’m not into this whole recent zombie craze.  This was a well done movie that pushed tension to incredible heights.  It was a little light on the back story but Pitt was a perfect choice for the understated lead.  This was definitely a new take on an overdone genre and even my wife enjoyed the ride which is saying something.  She normally dismisses horror movie out of hand and refuses to watch them.  My little finger, which has some encroaching arthritis, was tortured all through the movie by her very real death grip. 

This ranks right up there with Ironman and Star Trek for the top summer movie so far.  What is funny is that I started watching Les Miserables at home before we left for the zombies and finished it afterwards.  There might be a possibly wider range in viewing options which I would like to hear.  First time I’ve ever descended into Les Mis territory and the zombie break was exactly what the movie needed (see movie blog for review). 

My Daughter Had Her Own Adventures This Past Weekend at a Catskill
Bachelorette Party for a Close Friend - I'm Still Trying to Figure Out Which One She is

No comments:

Post a Comment