Saturday, June 29, 2013

Friday Fun Times

This past week was not a lot of fun at work but yesterday totally redeemed the efforts expended earlier.  First I had a very good experience with Amazon.  I received an Amazon gift card for Father’s Day and in a huge surprise move - I ordered some movies.  I absolutely love Amazon who have raised ease of shopping into a totally new dimension which is important when someone loathes shopping as much as I do. 
Love You Guys
Strangely the movies had not shown up and were over a week overdue so I sent an email to Amazon and didn’t think anything would happen.  Imagine my surprise when less than two hours later I received a detailed response apologizing for the delay and informing me that a replacement order had been processed with next day arrival shipping – now that is customer service! (As long as this order does not end up in the same black hole as the first).
Brew City Table With Boss and Son
My winning streak continued when my awesome boss decided we needed to drown the sorrows of the work week with a First Friday celebration.  Talk about winning streaks, shortly after we arrived my son walked in as well.  My boss knows my son well and we had a great time exchanging how tough our work weeks were.  I think I won the contest when I showed my son the picture of a bus in a house (he doesn’t read the blog so it was a surprise).
Buddy and His Favorite Human
We headed home for a joyous reunion with his mother and Buddy who immediately demanded attention from his favorite human.  We learned that he and the MEF have selected a wedding reception venue which is spookily only a couple blocks from where my first fiancé lived. He took his mother through the selection process which she found fascinating.
Wedding Reception Venue Review
We then adjourned to the Friday staple of Zorba’s, home of the exotic waitress who passed by our table a few times.  I looked mournfully on as my son consumed a pepperoni pizza.  I assuaged my grief with a healthy cut of prime rib which made it almost bearable.

We returned home to watch the Red Sox win yet another game while we also caught up on all wedding related news.  After the former Sox closer gave up his obligatory home run to blow a lead in earlier innings than normal, my son encouraged me to start watching a TV series he loves, Falling Skies.  Its aliens invading the greater Boston area so right in my wheelhouse. 

Friday was a much better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment