Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hot – Damned Hot!

The last day of May certainly decided to signal the imminent arrival of summer.  We had mid-90’s heat and the obligatory 100% humidity which made conditions about as unbearable as they get around here, even on the worst days of August.
Our Setup On City Hall Plaza Yesterday
Of course this meant I had to spend the entire afternoon walking around the concrete plaza of Worcester City Hall informing passengers about today’s move to the new hub.  The one good thing about the heat was the reduced need for external clothes in some of the more comely Worcesterites.  This being Worcester though there were some sights that would have been better left unseen and are now seared into my brain.  Some ladies just should not wear short shorts.  Also, if you are trying to look tough by wearing a World War 2 German helmet the whole effect is lost when you’re riding a Vespa scooter – this is Worcester.
Fuel Cleanup
We had a bus parked up on the plaza all day.  In the middle of my shift I noticed some fuel leaking out which I thought was weird. I summoned maintenance who explained it was so hot that the fuel expanded in the tank and then went out the overflow valve.  This little adventure helped kill some time which was appreciated.

I returned home faced with yet another Zorbaless Friday night but the wife and I decided to embrace the change – by going out to dinner some where else.  I don’t think I could have trusted myself going into Zorba’s and not ordering a pizza.  We ended up just down the street and had a great time.  I even electronically ordered a drink refill with the table mounted electronic gizmo.  The ladies were certainly not up to Zorba’s standard and it was tough having to forgo the still hot bread stick that accompanied the steak but I maintained discipline on the keto side.
Wife at Dinner Last Night
It was then back home to plant still more flowers and enjoy a nice conversation with the Brooklyn dwelling daughter who corrected some geographical misconceptions as to dog watching locations. 
My Wife Took This Picure of Me Last Night BEcause She Said My Hair Looked Awesome(!???!)
I was Under the Distinct Impression I did Not Have Enough Hair on My Head to Make that Kind of Assessment
 

No comments:

Post a Comment