Sunday, June 23, 2013

Saturday Yarding

Today we get to return to New Hampshire to visit our Keene Friend who had the temerity to land a job which severely restricts his availability.  He’s got the day off so we’re heading up there to spend the day.

To accomplish this sought after trip we had a lot to accomplish at home yesterday.  My wife, had a plan, of course.  A plan that involved some significant work, of course.  From me, of course.  Truth be told, I really enjoyed the day.  There’s a comfort and rhythm to working with someone you know better than anyone else in the world and she was pitching in right next to me.
The last of the refugee plants from Maine found a home which thankfully did not involve expanding the existing garden tracts.  The lawn was mowed under another fantastic New England summer day.

It was funny to see my wife and Buddy the Wonder Pooch interact.  They spend the entire week alone together when I’m at work and it’s obvious this has created a real bond between them.  Buddy does that people.  Since he’s terrified of the lawnmower he was tagging along after my wife as she maintained her vast gardens.  She would say one word and Buddy would obediently take up his assigned post, obviously a division of labor established during the week.

I glanced at my car’s windshield this week and noticed the annual inspection was due and I had ten days to get it done.  There’s a crusty old guy just down the street who runs a garage.  I used to take the cars there for inspections until a couple years ago one of his co-workers inappropriately passed a vehicle which resulted in losing his license for a while.  I took a chance that he got it back (he did) and he was up to his usual rascally self although his dog who usually kept me company was definitely showing the years.  I like patronizing a small family owned business instead of the robo-franchises.  Kind of cool that I’ve been in a place long enough to experience that (not so much for the aged dog though). 
Local Crust
I’m not going to talk about the evening watching the Boston sports teams – it was too painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment