Monday, August 20, 2012

Wired for Green

Buddy Cruising - One Happy Wonder Pooch
Yesterday was a heavy recovery day for both the wife and I as we were feeling little aches and pains from the dancing on Saturday night.  We both considered the pain a small price to pay for the experience.  Sunday also saw Buddy’s rendezvous with his bath day, something he truly hates.  He normally comes immediately when I call but yesterday he saw me heading outside with the tell tale towels and he disappeared for parts unknown.  He tried hiding in the weeds in the far back yard but I eventually found him and dragged him to the bathing area.  I rewarded his stalwart performance with a car ride.  We recently purchased a seat cover for my wife’s car to protect it from Buddy’s omnipresent hair donations and I bought a second one for my car.  We tested it yesterday with Buddy finally able to get his head out the window and feel the breeze for a ride through some back roads.  I’m not sure if it was adequate recompense in Buddy’s eyes for the indignity of the bath but he seemed almost intoxicated by the experience.  I’m going to try and make it a regular routine for us.  I finally finished watching the series The Wire over the weekend which was emotionally exhausting.  99 per cent of the characters in the series had deep and an almost scary level of personality flaws but it was riveting drama.  I’m not sure anybody would choose to live in Baltimore after seeing this and I don’t think I’ll even be comfortable flying over the city.  The film makers are deeply pessimistic about human nature and I didn’t like the fact that the lying reporter survived (I was hoping he would meet Omar in a dark alley).  I can now get back to watching Criminal Minds where the serial killers will seem almost childlike after the Baltimore drug gangs.  My wife also decided we should go see The Odd Life of Timothy Green late last night (so cool having a nearby movie theater now).  It was light as a feather Disney stuff that really seemed more like one of the old Disney TV shows than a real movie but it had a superb cast.  It was a little jarring to see Joel Edgerton play a sensitive father/husband after his turn in Warrior.  The child actors, especially CJ Adams in the lead and supporting actress Odeya Rush were fantastic.  I think we’ll be hearing a lot from both of these young actors.  My wife loved the movie which left her drenched in tears.  It was certainly a departure from the Wire.
The Earlier Indignity
Checking Out his New Seat Cover
I Might Even Miss Some ofThem
Disney Sweetness - On to The Expendables!

No comments:

Post a Comment