Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Retractions

Manholes Up!
For all of you dying for an update on the road construction, come on you know who you are, there was some progress yesterday.  I was talking with a neighbor who said the paving company had forgotten to mark where manhole covers were and had paved over all of them with their base coat of asphalt.  I thought the ride had been unbelievably smooth on the new road and now I know why.  Yesterday they were out cutting into the newly paved surface and raising all the manholes up.  I think that was probably the plan all along but it made for a comedic conversation.  Hopefully they’re getting near to completion.  I have folded on my conviction to give up on the daily newspaper.  I missed my daily reading, most of all for the local news which is harder to come by on the internets without digging and who wants to dig.  Buddy is ecstatic because he now gets to re-impose his will on the early morning squirrel population in the front yard as well as any joggers when we go out for the paper. I guess I am a fossil but I think it points out something that will be lost in the next generation who won’t read newspapers.  Maybe they’ll be better diggers.  In other retractions I have to withdraw my earlier comments about the effectiveness of Bulova.  I now know why it didn’t cost me anything for the watch repair, they didn’t do anything.  While we were out dancing on Saturday night I noticed the watch was fogging up again and Sunday morning there was actually water condensed on the inside of the watch face.  Apparently they just ran the watch through whatever ineffective test they use and pronounced it fixed and never even opened it up to see all the moisture present.  You may have noticed that I have added labels to the blog entries.  I went back and added them to all the blog entries because I was having trouble going back and finding things as it has grown in size.  I found some really bad spelling and grammatical errors as well during my review; although I’m sure I didn’t catch all of them (my apologies).  My daughter should be proud that I even figured out how to add the labels to the design of the main page without asking for her help.  I think she is currently dumbfounded but I had a very good teacher.  I had a nice conversation with her last night and she revealed some distressing health news about the father of one of the Curbside gals and someone my wife and I consider a friend.  Our hopes and prayers are with this family as I am sure the good fight back to full health is going on right now in Michigan.

2 comments:

  1. Dad, the irony is that you apologize for your bad spelling and then you misspell "apologies" :)

    ReplyDelete