Sunday, August 19, 2012

Oh What A Night!

My Devastating Date Last Night
Yesterday was a really quiet day for the most part until our date last night.  My wife and I met with other members of the Worcester Chapter of the Panamanian Mafia for dinner and dancing in Worcester.  We went to a place called Maxwell Silverman’s which is located right in the middle of Worcester.  The people we joined are so much fun and we arrived early enough that we were able to enjoy their lively conversation before the music started.  We had a great waitress who actually had the best line of the night.  One of our friends is a real jokester and was telling a slightly off color joke involving being able to carry 24 apples in your hands.  He tried this on the waitress who quickly turned it right back on him by saying, “You know what they say about guys with big hands, don’t you?”  My friend hesitantly agreed while the rest of us were checking out the size of our hands.  She quickly said, “They can carry 24 apples.”  This was a lot funnier last night because of the context but she showed she was really sharp at the expense of our friend who thought he was being that himself.  The food was fantastic and I scored an impressively sized piece of prime rib.  My wife looked devastatingly beautiful last night and brought no less than three pairs of shoes in case she needed to modify footwear during the dancing.  I stuck with one pair.  I really like Silverman’s, one of those old New England factories that have been reinvented as a restaurant.  The crowd last night was age appropriate for us as was the music.  There was a DJ with a truly shocking amount of hair and a smoke machine.  I was not sold on the smoke machine until his lasers started up and you could see them cutting through the smoke which was kind of cool.  My wife and I rarely left the dance floor and I was soon sweating bullets trying to keep up with her frantic pace.  Well, in reality, my wife never left the dance floor.  I took a couple of breaks to perform such mundane tasks as paying the sharp waitress.  Last night was one of those all too rare nights when everything seem to come together for an extraordinary time, great friends, superb dancing (well, at least by my wife), and an exhaustingly contented evening by the time it was over.  My wife and I were transported, at least for one night, back to our youth when we would dance the night away.  At the end of the night, all the other friends had left and we were reluctant to leave because it had been such a good time.   
The Great Group Of Friends at Maxwell Silverman's Last Night
Smoke and Laser Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment