Saturday, May 21, 2016

Riggatoni Day

Out to Dinner Last Night in L.A.
This will be a short post today because I’m looking forward to an adventure north into New Hampshire. Keene Friend and I have been invited to spend the afternoon and evening with none other than the Favorite Son and ABFA as well as the newest addition to the family – Riggins. This rare opportunity is not to be missed. They’re usually so busy that it’s an exceptional opening and since they’re so much fun to hang out with – not to be missed. There’s a certain Panamanian out in L.A. that’s a little jealous of me for once. Buddy will also get to meet yet another younger cousin. I’m sure Riggins will be a little less boisterous than Remy (a volcanic eruption is less boisterous). 
Riggins, Our Destination Today
Of course my wife gets to hang out with the First Blog Reader all day so I think she’ll be fine. Since the blog will be short (you’re most welcome) I’ll make it up with photos of both Riggins and the granddaughter. One of my granddaughter almost broke my heart where she’s looking at her parents’ wedding photo and keeps pawing at her absent dad. I think Wingman’s current farewell tour just got longer.
Granddaughter Missing her Dad
I did want to note the passing of Morley Safer, one of the last true professionals haunting the broadcast airwaves. I usually don’t have much good to say about investigative journalism, having been on the other side of the equation to see that if the facts of a story don’t match their agenda they will by the time its broadcast. Safer seemed like a more grounded and fair reporter and I enjoyed his common sense take on world’s events.  He retired on Sunday and died on Wednesday, not a bad way to go out, taking with him yet another link to my own past.

R.I.P.
Nothing much to report on yesterday’s First Friday which more than lived up to its reputation. The fabulous ladies of Brew City were on point and one of them chased me down in the parking lot as we were leaving. Before you leap to the intended conclusion she was trying to catch the excellent boss who’d forgotten his credit card. Since he’d already left I took possession. Hmmmm, a weekend with the boss’ credit card. He’s so lucky that he’s so excellent.






No comments:

Post a Comment