Sunday, May 22, 2016

Canine Summitry

Buddy and Riggins Meet - Refereed by Keene Friend

Buddy Wants to Know Where the Food is Kept
Alright, I’m just back from having possibly too much fun visiting Riggins and his masters, Favorite Son and the ABFA. It’s crazy that people spend thousands of dollars arranging exotic ventures in search of finding entertainment. For my part nothing can compare to the time spent with close family and friends just hanging out. I’m starting to get the sneaking impression that I’m singularly blessed in the whole family and friends department. I really like the fact that nothing more was planned than to spend time together. That time was entertainment enough; of course the two month old golden retriever puppy helped a little.
Son with Riggins

And The ABFA
Keene Friend and I linked up at my son’s house and witnessed the initial meeting of Buddy the Wonder Pooch and Riggins (note to self – acquire nicknames for Buddy’s canine cousins). This meeting went a lot better than with his other new cousin, Remy the Blonde Whirlwind (nah). Riggins was fascinated with Buddy but a little intimidated. Buddy took almost no notice of Riggins except when feeding time came around or to inadvertently swat him with his high velocity tail. Riggins was impossibly even cuter than the first time we met him and has his owners firmly under his spell. Buddy volunteered lessons in eviscerating noise making toys which soon had Riggins' extensive collection behind a protective fence.
Only Time Buddy Did Pay Attention to Riggins - When the Food Came Out

Bonding Time?

Another Blonde in the Family Dad?!
The boys did make a short shopping foray; something that would be impossible if my Favorite Panamanian was with us, at least the short part. We’re closing on the new house later this week and part of the moving process should involve an upgrade for the kitchen and bedroom televisions, at least in my humble opinion. Since I was in tax free New Hampshire and accompanied by my “go to” television expert, the Favorite Son, we stopped in at the local electronics emporium and left with the needed upgrade. Now to explain to the Favorite Panamanian the logic behind the purchases, luckily I have spent the last thirty years being bombarded with similar situations, only with the roles reversed.

Wingman is in Kansas, Well At Least Last Night He Was

Riggins Likes to Help with the Dishes
We returned with some pizza and settled in to watch the Red Sox and the dogs for some extended hang time. I wanted my wife to at least share in the fun and we FaceTimed her in so she, as well as the First Blog Reader and my Cali-Daughter could join in. I guess it’s part of getting old but I can’t remember being so content. Dogs have that effect on me but I have the perceptiveness to know it had a lot more to do with the people I was surrounded by. I know the California contingent wished they were a few thousand miles east yesterday afternoon. 
California was Decidedly More Feline

Granddaughter Won the Staring Contest



She Apparently Inherited Her Grandfather's Opinions on Peas





No comments:

Post a Comment