Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother of a Day

The Ladies I wanted to be with Yesterday
There was an unknown object in the sky over New England yesterday afternoon. I’m told it was an object of ancient lore called the sun. It had been so long since it made an appearance that most of us doubted it still existed. The day started off the same as seemingly always with a steady drizzle that seemed to put the kybosh of any lawn mowing. The lawn, because of all the rain, was in serious need of attention, finding and policing up Buddy’s “donations” in the deepening grass was turning into a mission fraught with the unexpected.
It Wasn't Too Bad a Day for Certain Grammas
I had a couple invitations to spend yesterday with family but I felt the need to disconnect. The two ladies I wanted to spend the day with were together at least but I still wanted to spend Mother’s Day pampering my wife and daughter. The frustration I felt at the geographic barriers to that would have made me poor company yesterday. It was a day to brood and try to send positive vibes via the electro-magnetic spectrum to the greater Los Angeles area.
Lioness and Her Cub
I know Mother’s Day is a semi-manufactured holiday thanks to the Hallmark Corporation but if they hadn’t done it then I think the rest of us would/should have. I’m always left in awe of what a mother must endure and the special bond they form with their children. I think if guys were forced to go through what women do they would resent the hell out of their children but for most moms (and certainly for the two I’m talking about) the exact opposite occurs. I’m seeing the same things now in my daughter that I saw in her mother when those two first met – a lioness approach to defending her daughter against all comers.
Wingman Comes Through!
Critical Step in Card Opening - The Saliva Test
Wingman also wasn’t able to be with my daughter for her first Mother’s Day and I was hoping against hope he realized how important this day was to her. He came through with late arriving flower and a heartfelt message proclaiming his love for all the world to see. The cards I sent earlier in the week arrived in time and my granddaughter assisted in opening. While it will be impossible to honor them enough I’ll try when they’re back here together at the end of the month. They did a great job of cheering each other up yesterday but it was a day they should have felt pampered and that didn’t happen.

Puzzle Complete
The frustration I felt yesterday was addressed through the dozen or so tasks I have to complete every Sunday prior to the work week. I did eventually get out to the lawn late in the day and even finished up the puzzle I’d been working on for the past week. It was of a bookstore which brought back favored memories of the hours I used to spend in those. It turned out to be a 999 piece puzzle. I’m not sure if the missing piece was lost in the factory of if Buddy expressed his usual disgust with the lack of attention he receives during the times I spend over the puzzle. I guess I should have checked this past week’s “donations” more closely.
ABFA Practicing with Riggins
Mom, Why Won't You Let Me "test" This?



























No comments:

Post a Comment