Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Reunification Day

Two Tired but Happy Campers This Morning
Okay, I’m more than a little gassed from the usual housecleaning-a-palooza last night which takes place when my Favorite Panamanian is returning from one of her sojourns away. It didn’t help that I stayed up until midnight in the effort and then had to get up at 4:30am to beat the Boston traffic (new record – 45 minutes to Logan from Worcester). All of it was more than worth it though when that airport door opened and there she finally was. I think I had it easier (and got more sleep) regardless after hearing her newly formed opinions on the whole red-eye flight experiment.
Bye Bye L.A.
It was so comforting (and a lot noisier) having my co-pilot back for the return trip. She regaled me for the entire trip concerning her California adventures with the First Blog Reader. While she’s very happy to be home, she’s already missing that little bundle of cuteness. In even better news, the house passed initial inspection. I went with my strong suit – three dozen roses. I got out of the house and into work before in depth scrutiny could occur.
Roses Always Help
We have a busy day in front of us, what with all the requisite reunion activities. We have to go to the bank to secure the certified check for tomorrow’s closing and we have the final walk through of the new house tonight. Buddy was certifiable upon hearing his mom was back although he was intensely interested in the luggage which I’m sure carried some California feline scent. As with me I don’t think you fully realize how much you missed someone until they’re back.

Wife's Cousin Being Recognized

First Ship - Looks Like its Carrying a Lock Door
In some other family news my wife’s cousin who works for the Panama Canal Authority was recently recognized for helping guide the first ship to pass through the new (larger) canal built beside the old one. Kudos for one of the really nice guys in the world.
Speaking of Nice Guys/Gals (I get the impression she really likes her dad):










No comments:

Post a Comment