Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ursine Fallout and the Solitary Life

I’m second guessing my revelation to the females in my life concerning the bear incursion into our yard.  My wife is already contemplating never returning after hearing about Yogi’s backyard fling.  My daughter revealed she recently had a dream involving an enraged bear consuming a backyard family.  When I told my wife about that she immediately seized on that as a sign I was about to become part of this bear’s hibernation diet.  I may never see her again.
What My Wife Now Imagines the Backyard Looks Like
She reports that her dad is doing much better although he did give her a scare.  She was walking with him when he started to have a mild seizure.  She was convinced he was dying in front of her until comforted by a nurse who told her this was not unexpected given his age and lack of activity for an extended period.  He was shortly back up on his feet and walking again with a very shaken daughter at his side.  My wife and her siblings are staying with their dad around the clock to ensure he gets quality care – a sterling example of their quality.   
My Sister in Law Yesterday - So It's Not All Work
Last night was the first night I noticed just how damned solitary my life has become.  I was switching between a Red Sox game and a movie while working on a puzzle but not enjoying any of the three activities.  I think I try to overdo the staying busy part so I don’t think how unaccompanied I am right now.  Last night it wasn’t working. 

The good news is that tomorrow the solitary life will be eviscerated whole.  I’m taking Friday off and heading north for my 40th high school class reunion.  Wow, did I just write, 40th; that’s kind of scary.  What the hell, at least I’ll be around some awesome people all weekend, including the Cantankerous One as well as the Keene Friend.  Things are definitely looking up. 
These Guys Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment