Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Monday, Monday

Yesterday continued the pell-mell downhill rush from the peak of the weekend.  Since my boss is out of town for the next two weeks I’m in charge and that mean’s double the meetings, be still my heart.  Mondays are bad enough without additional lobotomizing time.  I was amused by my Cantankerous Friend’s continuing protests about being selected as the Most Outspoken classmate.  He’s very outspoken about his displeasure.

One of the meetings was with a representative from the software company that’s failed to deliver on many of their promises.  He was also very outspoken and reminded me of the proverbial snake oil salesman.  He was obviously sent to close out some of the outstanding issues so they could get paid.  I felt like taking a shower after that one.

I left early yesterday (hey, I’m the boss!) and used that time to continue rehab of my digestive system, still reeling from the weekend non-keto assault.  I also mowed the lawn with the temperatures in the 50’s.  I think summer has definitely departed the realm.  I spent some quality time wrestling with Buddy.  I’m perfectly aware of his penchant for using his paws and claws to wreak havoc so I thought I was being careful.  I was distracted and he landed a telling blow straight across the face.  So now I’ll look like I’ve been out assaulting people for the next few days. 
Buddy Takes This Round
I spoke with my exhausted wife who had some fantastic news.  Her father was discharged from the hospital and is back home, even earlier than they hoped.  He still has some cognitive issues so she was planning on spending the night in a chair in his room to monitor his first night home.  The best news is that for the first time she is actually speaking about coming home as scheduled next week.  I’d better start cleaning the house now. 
 
I finally finished the latest puzzle, a picture of Nubble Light in Maine.  I made the mistake of purchasing four 1000 piece [puzzles in one box.  That turned out to mean really small pieces and a tiny picture of the scene.  I almost quit a bunch of times but I needed the distraction it supplied, hopefully only til next week now! 
The Completed Puzzle - Minus Buddy's Snack Piece

No comments:

Post a Comment