Monday, September 2, 2013

Good Times Roll On

This is really turning into a weekend for the ages.  Yesterday we had to say goodbye to some of the participants from the epic Saturday party but enough hung around for continued awesomeness.  
MEF and Son Cleaned up ad Headed Out
The Keene Friend, son, MEF, and wife snuck out early from underneath the sleeping noses of the New Yorkers for a Cracker Barrel breakfast.  They are so unaccustomed to the quiet countryside as opposed to their normal haunts that they’ve been sleeping really late; or it could be the late Saturday night carousing.  My son and MEF are trying to set a new record for weddings attended in a calendar year.  They had to leave early in the day to hit their second wedding of the weekend.  We did have a lot of fun deflating their bed and they cleaned up extremely well, looking very distinguished for their latest wedding.

Buddy Supervising MEF and Wife Bed Deflating Work
Looked Like So Much Fun I had to Jump In
The rest of the daylight hours were fairly quiet as the New Yorkers slowly emerged from their self-imposed catatonic state.  The guys were forced inside by thunder storms (much to Buddy’s displeasure) so the yard games had to wait until late in the day.  This gave my superb son in law the opportunity to install a new router for the home wireless network which significantly improved speed.  It seems the house takes a major leap forward every time my daughter and son in law grace us.   
The Latest Leap Forward Courtesy of my Son in Law
My wife prepared a fabulous dinner for the assembled masses before she the Keene Friend, and I departed for points south for a Rhode Island birthday party for my brother in law’s May birthday; don’t ask.  
The Birthday Boy on the Deck
 
We spent the entire evening out on the deck trading stories and eating a fantastic amount of food and well, a couple beers.  The Keene Friend, known as "the Senator" in Rhode Island, held forth at the other end of the table while we re-captured the merrymaking spirit we thought exhausted the night before.  I’ve written before about how much fun this group of special people are; last night was no exception.   
The Senator Dispensing Wisdom at the Other End of the Table
The time flew by and we had to re-board for the return trip all too soon.  I was feeling magnanimous so I “allowed” the Keene Friend to drive back.  As you probably realized, it had more to do with the number of beers downrange versus any magnanimity on my part.  My wife was exhausted and was soon asleep for the duration of the trip while my buddy and I listened to Blue Collar comedy for the entire trip.  John Caparulo is one of the funniest SOBs I’ve ever heard.   
We arrived home shortly after midnight to find the New Yorkers in full party mode.  My wife and daughter were soon dancing in the kitchen around additional I-Pad lessons.  We all stayed up until 2am talking, laughing, dancing, and various card games.  I finally admitted (my body was sending me desperate messages about rest) defeat and fell into a nearly unconscious sleep.  We were down to six bed rooms but I can’t remember a recent weekend with more fun crammed into it.  The crash, when it inevitably comes will be devastating.   
Mother and Daughter's Late Night Dance
Last Game of the Night
 

No comments:

Post a Comment