Monday, May 6, 2013

Sojourning Sunday

Yesterday saw my wife and I in severe recovery mode from our Saturday night frolicking with the Panamanian mafia.  It was a glorious day outside but that was strictly for people whom sunlight did not pose intense sensory feedback for.  Buddy was similarly distressed, paying for his trick of knocking over unguarded beers and gratefully consuming the spillage. 
Sox End a Lost Weekend in Texas (been there)
After knocking out our normal Sunday chores we plopped down in front of the boob tube to watch the Red Sox try to salvage one game in Texas and a couple of movies.  The movies were better than the Sox who seemed genuinely intimidated.

When I drove into work on Saturday I passed by a street demonstration in the Main South area of Worcester.  This was nothing remarkable as there’s always something being protested in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts, usually by people already on the public dole looking for more money from people who actually work.
The Street Demonstration
When I read the newspaper yesterday I learned the protest concerned the dead Boston bomber whose body was in a Worcester funeral home.  I guess I can understand the anger.  The mortal remains of that idiot deserve the Dench treatment from the Shipping News but I thought we were better than this.  At this point it’s just a piece of meat that needs to get planted.  An unmarked grave known only to the family can and should happen once everyone stops trying to get their fifteen minutes of fame off the situation.
Sunday Couch Potatoes
My wife and I did unveil our recently purchased Boston Strong t-shirts which saw the money generated go to the victim’s fund.  We also enjoyed phone calls from both of our far flung progeny which did more than anything else yesterday to lift our spirits. 

By the end of the afternoon I was sufficiently recovered to continue on my de-sodding of one of my wife’s future garden sites.  Since I had so much fun with my driveway project last week I started in on the other side removing rocks and replacing them with the displaced sod.  Buddy assisted by picking up his first tick of the spring.  Kind of a Sunday to forget.
The Latest Victim of My Wife's Remorseless Garden Expansion Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment