Friday, May 3, 2013

Planter - My Final Chapter

Yesterday was the nicest day of the year that we’ve had so far – of course that’s not saying a whole lot.  2013 may go down in history for a lot of things but good weather will not lead the list.  It is tough to have such a glorious day and be trapped behind a desk.  New Englanders typically overreact to the coming of warmer temperatures - guilty.

I did sneak out a little early from work because I had to buy the dirt to fill my wife’s new planter.  I didn’t realize there were so many choices in dirt and not all of them cheap.  I filled up a cart at Home Depot choosing a connoisseur’s blend of garden soil, top soil, and topped it all off with a combination of hummus and manure (I’m not kidding). 

I got the bags loaded into my Camry and noticed that the effect of nearly 700 pounds of dirt in the trunk.  I felt like a homeboy driving a low rider as I cautiously made my way home with the fragrant farm yard bouquet of my load wafting through the car (my daughter would have loved it).  I used the neighbor’s driveway to gratefully unload the dirt next to the planter.
My Wife and the Planter Filled With my Special Blend of Dirt 
My wife was pleased as I filled up her planter until she realized that I fully expected her to start stocking the new planter.  She called for the creation of this thing and now she had work to do – poetic justice rippling through the hills of Charlton.
Definitely Not A Happy Camper
Since it was such a nice day Buddy was summoned for a frightfully overdue bath.  He took it with stoic grace if not good humor.  I put him on the deck to dry off and he immediately demonstrated his feelings by defecating right in the middle of the deck.

Of course the next task I had in front of me was moving the winter stored furniture back onto the same deck.  I swear I caught Buddy smirking as I cleaned up his deposit.  The weather took an amazing turn while I was in the middle of moving everything with the temperature dropping twenty degrees in less than a half hour – 2013 up to its old tricks again.
Deck Furniture Returns!
My wife and I took in yet another Red Sox win up north of the border although it was a frustrating game to watch.  Neither pitcher seemed to be able to find the strike zone and were not being squeezed by the umpire.  The Sox put together enough timely hits (yes I just said Sox and timely hits in the same sentence) to win the game and the series from a very underachieving Blue Jays team (they remind me a whole lot of last year’s Sox team).  So 2013 isn’t all bad.
I'm Liking this Napoli Guy - Scoring Last Night In Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment