Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Partings

All good times eventually have to come to an end and that descended into my world yesterday when we had to relinquish the company of my daughter and son in law – the last vestiges of the remarkable Mother’s Day weekend.  They got to stay an extra day and have some fun with their mother while I had to go back to work and what is rapidly becoming drama central

I started work on the next big series of changes coming up which is always a fun exercise.  I must have a weird virus on my computer because swing music started up at various times of the day without being summoned.  The IT geeks will deploy on Thursday to fix it.
My Wife's New Mantra
I snuck out of work early to spend some extra time with the kids before we headed back but I found that they had headed out with their mom to do some shopping(????!!!!).  My wife is still giddy over her I-Pad and they went to acquire some bells and whistles to hang on it with some of the gift cards she received.

Buddy appreciated the alone time with me this afforded.  He demonstrated his joy with some projectile vomiting at my feet. He looked up at me with an apologetic expression.  I was impressed with the sheer mass he deposited and I informed him he was going to assist in the cleanup.  He took the big chunks while cleaned up the edges and pulled out the grass stems.  He probably shouldn’t have eaten grass shortly after the lawn treatment but we got it all cleaned up before my wife returned.  I think Buddy felt better after helping with the clean up and he had a full stomach once again.

The trip down through Connecticut was again too easy.  I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop and find myself permanently entombed in some major traffic jam that Connecticut specializes in.  We had one more dose of my daughter’s musical selections and noted my wife had fallen asleep when there was no reactionary dancing in her seat when Gloria Estefan came on.
Unloading at Train Station and Saying Goodbye
It was so tough to say goodbye to this tornado loving (inside joke) pair.  They certainly left their mark this weekend:  we know how to open our glass hatchback now, the time is right on our car, my computer works again, and most of all our hearts were recharged knowing we are blessed with these two people in our lives (well except for the diet talk).
Another Miracle on Ice
We got back home and I hesitantly turned on the TV to see how the Bruins were doing in their Game 7 match with Toronto.  My worst fears were realized when I found them trailing by two goals late in the game.  In the span of a few minutes I witnessed hockey history as the Bruins pulled their goalie, scored two goals to tie the game an then win it in overtime.  The Boston garden (I still call it that) was rocking and I really wish I could have been there to experience what I’m sure was a serious case of euphoria that is always better shared with like minded people.  This helped take a little edge off the depressingly empty house (except, of course, for a very spry Panamanian and gastro-challenged black lab). 

No comments:

Post a Comment