Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ketoing – Day 1

Okay I survived my first day without popcorn. It was a little disconcerting to be eating celery instead of popcorn last night but somehow I survived.  I am probably going to change my early morning routine because I now have to cook a full breakfast instead of just downing an instant breakfast.  Preparing a full breakfast along with the bike riding and administering Buddy’s wakeup requirements will strain the one hour I normally devote after wakeup.  I could probably sacrifice some of the time I normally spend staring out into space while trying to get my brain online – more to follow.  At least I have the son in law to provide guidance – he’s already sending recipes.  I think this is going to be easier for me than for my wife.

Said wife spent the beautiful day outside finally finishing off her annual ritual of creating a truly stunning display of flowers for the deck and porch – photos to follow. 

The neighbors created a new vegetable garden which apparently is a huge hit with the neighborhood rabbits.  There has been a constant stream of cottontails making a bee line across our yard towards the fenced in garden.  This of course has cornered Buddy’s rapt attention but the wife steadfastly refuses my plan of releasing Buddy to see who is faster – Buddy or the rabbits.  She’s probably right – who wants to clean up rabbit bits spread all over the yard.

Since it was such a beautiful day yesterday as soon as I got home from work I launched out on my garden wall.  I completed the bottom row and then headed to Home Depot for another load of stone.  My wife accompanied me and was a surprising amount of help loading the car.  I worry about her back but she was not to be denied and my back truly appreciated it.  I figure three more trips will see the wall completed and then all I’ll have to do is remove the grass and fill it in with dirt – I don’t think the back will appreciate that.
Yesterday's Progress - Going to Need A Couple More Rows
I finished putting the latest load onto the wall as the sun was setting.  I headed inside to watch the White Sox light up Boston’s supposedly best pitcher so I opted for a really weird French science fiction movie – talk about limited choices. At least I didn’t have any popcorn to ruin the mood.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Dad! I was always kind of doing it with Jesse since I was cooking him meals, but I may go full fledged now. Great job on your first day! Maybe Mom will want to make some of those recipes... :)

    Wall is looking good. Can't believe you watched a French film! :)

    ReplyDelete