Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cantankerous Arising

I posted a couple days ago about my disappointment with the President about the IRS scandal.  As I was writing that I thought to myself, well this should bring my cantankerous friend out of hibernation; I hadn’t heard from him in a while.  There is a direct correlation between anyone criticizing Obama and a spirited response from my uberliberal friend.  When I checked Facebook yesterday morning, predictably he arrived with a message explaining his long absence (dad needing surgery) and lambasting me for my temerity in attacking his beloved president.  My friend always tries to defend Obama by pointing out Bush’s failures and I reflected how similar he was in this with our president.  I was therefore laughing out loud this morning when I opened the daily newspaper and saw this cartoon.
A quiet day at work was rewarded with our typical Zorba’s Friday evening.  Sadly while there were a couple of quick sightings of my favorite cute waitress she seems to have abandoned me as I didn’t even get a hello.  Maybe she felt the icy wrath of a certain Panamanian’s warning stare. 
The Icy Stare - Kind of Cute Really
The kids are far flung again this week.  We heard through the grapevine that our son was down in Virginia and confirmed his return last night.  Our daughter has been frolicking in Northern California all week with her in laws and last night was freezing in San Francisco.

Daughter Frolicking (Photo by Son in Law)
I watched the last episode of The Office last night between checking in on the Red Sox (and another come from behind win!).  I was an ardent fan of the show in its early days but fell away from it once Steve Carrell left the show.  I liked the way they sent the central characters off into the sunset.  Carrell even returned for a superb cameo with one of his signature lines.
Best Scene in Finale
I love the fact we have nothing pulling us away from the house this weekend but of course that means my wife has a laundry list of tasks for me, but I kind of like that.  First of all though I have another confrontation, I mean appointment, with Sears service.  We’ll see if they’ve gotten any better in the last year – should be fun.
Downhill Construction - Sprouting a Second Floor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment