Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday Fizzle

Yesterday was Friday which should have been cause for intense celebration and frenetic partying (New Orleans kind of ruined me).  As it was this was much more on the mundane side of things which I blame on the lack of Roothuggers.  My boss was recovering from an ailment so there was no First Friday celebrations at Brew City.
Contradiction in Terms
There was some extremely good news at work though concerning the idiot employee from earlier in the week.  We had been talking with the union about his lack of a future in this industry and made an off hand offer allowing him to resign.  Proving that he is not graced with a great deal of grey matter – he took the deal!  The end of his employment with us is cause enough for celebration.
My Wife Outside Zorba's
I had to make do with our weekly ritual at Zorba’s which in no way is a bad thing.  My wife looked ravishing in a newly unveiled (apparently my 2018 mother’s day gift for her) outfit.  She went from sweat pants to looking like this in less than twenty minutes which had me wondering why she couldn’t do that on a more regular basis.

Zorba’s was typically awesome and so was my dinner partner.  The waitress told us our order before we said a word – so we’re predictable, so what.  My favorite cute waitress also stopped by to say hi and looked incredibly fetching with a yellow bow and extremely tight pants (not that I noticed).  If I was thirty years younger and unmarried I would be in hot pursuit.  As it is my wife gave me a stern warning look and we moved on.
Wife Shortly After Administering Warning Look
We left Zorba’s to continue our hot date which in this case meant going to Stop and Shop to buy necessities for today’s gathering of the Panamanian Mafia.  The cute gals from the bank called out to say hi when we passed by and asked how we were doing.  I somewhat caustically replied, “It’s Friday night and I’m at the grocery store – draw your own conclusions.”
Yep, Friday Night at the Grocery Store
Obviously Not Picking up Anything For Me in that Section
My wife mollified my concerns as to our “coolness” by demanding a trip to Ronnie’s for ice cream.  We had to wait while a squad of teeny boppers tried to make up their minds while simultaneously texting up a storm.  During the wait my wife started up conversations with two other patrons and by the time we left had made two new friends.  I don’t know how she does it.

In the Ice Cream Line
The day came to a crashing halt when we returned home and made the ill fated decision to watch the Red Sox come crashing back to earth in Texas.  The Rangers sent a very clear message that maybe this team isn’t as good as we thought.  It’s just one game and it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back and be more competitive over the weekend.
Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment