Saturday, June 30, 2012

TGIF



My Friend Experiencing a Zen Like Moment Last Night
Yesterday was definitely a decompression day after the event filled Thursday.  My son apparently survived his first night back in the US as we received a funny text from him.  I decided to call Sears bluff and sent an email in response to the comment they put on the blog.  To their credit I received a prompt email back saying I would be contacted telephonically that same day by someone.  I put my office phone number on the email and said I would be there until 4 and after that at my home phone number.  I waited all day, reluctant to leave my office so I wouldn’t miss the call but it never came.  It was very quiet at work as everyone is gearing up for the vote tonight on the contract.  Our friend from Keene came down to spend the night and head down to Rhode Island with us today. We of course headed to Zorba’s for their mystically imbued pepperoni pizza.  We have unsuccessfully tried to explain the Zen like quality of this pizza to our cantankerous mutual friend.  As we came home after the pizza I was complaining that Sears never called when my wife remembered that she did get a call from Sears looking for me at 4:15, while I was driving home.  The cynic in me thinks this guy waited until he was sure I was between locations and called.  I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until I actually talk with them, hopefully on Monday.  We’re headed down to Rhode Island today for my nephew’s graduation party but not before (drum roll please) we attend a movie at the newly opened movie theater which opened yesterday!! (Yes, I am doing a simplified version of an Irish jig right now in celebration)

No comments:

Post a Comment