Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cold, Rainy Wired Reading

Yesterday was as if we were transported back to March with a cold, rainy ,raw day.  I had given up wearing the jacket into work because it had been so hot.  Yesterday I froze my butt off in my office but at least my wife let me turn off the air conditioning at home.  I’ve finally started watching the series, The Wire, the entire series of which my son left with me and made me promise I would watch.  I’m only three episodes in so far and I’m not feeling it yet.  Everybody who’s watched it has nothing but glowing things to say about it so I’ll keep it up, at least one episode per day.  My wife hears all the swearing and just rolls her eyes at me.  I wish there were some characters that you could root for, maybe we’ll get there eventually.  I finished the third book in the Word and Void series from Terry Brooks, Angel Fire East, which was a satisfying end for this series of characters.  Brooks has a tendency to let his characters get themselves into all kinds of trouble through inaction which is frustrating for me.  He’s a good writer though and I really enjoyed this series.  I’m now back at the point where I’ve re-started reading the book, Armageddon’s Children, which sent me on this Brooksian quest a couple of weeks ago.  Another three books I’ll be totally caught up with the Shanarra universe.  I might be, at that point, ready for another venture into Palahniuk country, but only if the sun comes back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment