Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Seeking Tuesday

Yesterday was turning into a fairly boring day until Sears tried to repair their tattered image.  My wife received a call asking if the new parts had arrived and when she told them they had Sears said they would be there in about 45 minutes to complete the repairs on the tractor.  I was in the middle of a counseling session with a troublesome employee and the union when both my office phone and cell phone started going nuts.  My wife has learned how to text and eventually I relented and looked down at the phone and learned of Sears’ early arrival (they were scheduled for Friday).  My boss let me leave early and I rushed home which totally confused Buddy who’s used to me coming home much later.  Well the Sears guy arrives (same guy as before) and promptly declares that Sears has once again sent the wrong part.  As a hostage situation loomed he called the local non-Sears repair shop and learned that his (Sears issued computer) had the wrong part number.  We discussed it and he opined that we had most of the parts and could attempt to bend the missing part back into shape (this guy was desperate).  I’ve always been a fan of brute force and ignorance so we launched into the repair.  I say “we” but I have to admit my participation was limited to opening the garage door and turning on the lights.  So my tractor is finally repaired, hopefully.  Last night was date night and as we were headed out I told my wife we were going to see Seeking a Friend For the End of the World.  She immediately went into her all too familiar “Oh, I don’t want to see that” routine.  I even reminded her that she told me after seeing the preview a couple weeks ago, “Oh I want to see that!”  She eventually relented and agreed to go to the film.  The story revolved around a world killing asteroid headed towards Earth and how a pair of unlikely friends plan to spend their last hours.  There were some very, very funny moments and a huge number of truly amazing cameos which I always like.  The funniest bits were how the rest of the world was dealing with imminent death and some of it actually rang true and very funny.  It slowed way down about ¾ of the way through the movie but I really liked the ending.  Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley were an unlikely pairing but they are very good together and this turned out to be a very sweet little movie.  Oh, my wife loved the movie, good night.
Sears Guy Trying to Avoid a Hostage Situation
Success

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Frail Deed Dancer,

    I came across your post today and wanted to touch base with you. My name is Mike and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I am sorry to see that you had so much trouble with the service call for your tractor. I understand how inconvenient it was for you to have our technician arrive early. Furthermore, I know that our bringing the wrong part again only served to exacerbate the situation. While I am happy to see that the tractor is repaired, I would still like to offer you our assistance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to discuss your experience as well as to ensure that your tractor has been restored to its proper working order. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Frail Deed Dancer) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

    Thank you,

    Mike D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

    ReplyDelete