Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cosmos Back At It

Dogs at the Door
I wrote yesterday that certain things were happening that seemed like elements of the cosmos were trying to lift my spirits following the death of my cousin.  They were back at again yesterday.  Other family members were posting pictures and memories of our cousin on facebook and we all were reminded about some of the special times she participated in.  It really is a celebration of everything she meant to us.  Next, about halfway through the morning I got a call from my son, exiled since early this year to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, with the news he was returning to the States in a couple of weeks.  We had a nice conversation and I noted that he had learned a lot very valuable life lessons as well as work experience over there.  I’m so happy he’s coming home but I know my joy will pale in comparison to a certain young lady up in Portsmouth.  I figure his mother and I will see him for the first time about a week after he gets back.  Young and in love buys you a lot of understanding.  I’ve written earlier about how much I love dogs, real dogs, not pint sized yappers.  Yesterday the State Police K-9 unit was training outside my office.  It was a rainy day and they were hiding drugs around the garage and the dogs would sniff them out.  My office is directly off the garage so I got to watch a little bit of that and marvel at how well trained the magnificent dogs were.  The funniest moment happened when one cop hid a not insignificant amount of heroin in my boss’ car.  Before the cops could get the dog over my boss drove away for lunch.  The cops were a little frantic as my boss was sailing around Worcester with a stash of heroin.  Luckily he didn’t get stopped while he was out and when he returned the dog went nuts – all was good.  Shortly after I returned home my wife and I had a nice long conversation on the phone with our NYC resident daughter.  My wife and I enjoyed that conversation as well as it reminded us that she’s coming up to spend Father’s Day weekend with us.  The cosmos did a pretty good job yesterday.
State Police Training Dog - My Office Door on Left

No comments:

Post a Comment